Madhav Institute of Technology & Science ,Gwalior was established in the year 1957 by His Highness Late Sir Jiwaji Rao Scindia, Maharaja of the erstwhile state of Gwalior. The foundation stone of the Institute was laid by Late Dr. Rajendra Prasad, on 20th October, 1956 and the Building was inaugurated by Late Dr. S. Radhakrishnan on 11th December, 1964. The President of India, Dr.Pratibha Devi Singh Patil graced the Golden Jubilee Celebrations of the Institute as Chief Guest on 30th June, 2008. The Institute has a campus of around 45 acres. The Institute offers education in ten undergraduate programmes and fifteen PG programmes. The prime objective of the Institute is to provide quality technical education at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Recently the Institute is also funded by World Bank under TEQIP phase-II to strengthen the quality of technical education.