Madhav Institute of Technology & Science ,Gwalior was established in
the year 1957 under the "Open Door" policy of Govt. of India by His Highness Late Sir Jiwaji Rao Scindia, Maharaja of the erstwhile state of Gwalior.
The foundation stone of the Institute was laid by Late Dr. Rajendra Prasad, on 28th October, 1956 and the Building was inaugurated by Late Dr. S. Radhakrishnan on 11th December, 1964. The President of India, Dr.Pratibha Devi Singh Patil graced the Golden Jubilee Celebrations of the Institute as Chief Guest on 30th June, 2008. The Institute has a campus of around 44.6 acres. The Institute offers Bachelor's, Masters and Doctoral Degrees in Engineering along with Bachelor in Architecture and Master in Computer Application. The prime objective of the Institute is to provide quality technical education at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Recently the Institute is also funded by World Bank under TEQIP phase-II to strengthen the quality of technical education.The Institute is a recognized Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) centre for PG and Ph.D program.
The Institute has state-of-the-art infrastructure encompasses spacious class rooms ,well equipped laboratories, three boys hostels, two girls hostels, Play ground, Gymnasium, Indoor Sports Complex, Co-operative Stores, Canteen, Dispensary, a branch of Union Bank of India, UBI ATM, Stationary & Photocopy shop.
Institute has central library which has rich collection of books, reference library and a large number of subscribed online and print journals. Central Library currently houses around 1,00,000 books. MITS Central Library is the first one, who implements RFID technology with international security standards like ISO-15693/ISO 18000-3, which relays on 13.59 MHZ.
The Institute has a high speed LAN with backbone of optical fiber and manageable switches. The institute is equipped with 100 MBPS leased line, which is providing high speed 24x7 internet facility in each nook and corner of the Institute.