Madhav Institute of Technology and Science, popularly known as MITS, was started as Madhav Engineering College in 1957 with only three branches of engineering, namely Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering with a total intake of 120 students.
Since then it has come a long way; the tiny sapling which was planted then has grown into a huge tree with almost twelve fold increases in intake.
During this 59 year long phenomenal journey, MITS has never looked back and has constantly strived to achieve new heights. With the encouragement and support from our management, the institute has emerged as a leading technical institution of the region. Students too have lived up to the expectations of their teachers, continuously bagging good ranks in national competitive examinations like GATE, CAT etc.
The institute is proud to be one among the 189 institutions of 22 states and union territories of the nation which are selected by the MHRD under TEQIP-II. Only five institutes of Madhya Pradesh have this privilege. The funding received under this scheme has strengthened the academic fabric of the institute, through short-term training programs, expert lectures, conferences/seminars and addition of latest equipment and software to the various laboratories.
The MITS family has persistently tried to maintain very high academic standards, superior placements, strict discipline and an excellent work culture.
A sense of social responsibility is being inculcated in our students through various activities of the National Cadet Core (NCC) and National Service Scheme (NSS). Students are encouraged to teach and help underprivileged children from nearby areas. To increase awareness on health issues free or subsidized medical camps, blood donation camps etc are routinely organized.
Students are groomed and trained to face the world outside the campus through various personality development courses, student activities and numerous technical competitions.