Vision & Mission
Madhav Institute of Technology and Science was established in 1957 by His
Highness Late Sir Jiwaji Rao Scindia, Maharaja, Erstwhile state of Gwalior with
the prime objective of providing Technical Education at undergraduate and post
graduate levels alongwith conducting research activities. The foundation stone
of the Institute was laid by Late Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the then President of
India on 20th October, 1956 and the building was inaugurated on 11th December,
1964 by Late Dr. S. Radhakrishnan, the then President of India.
The Institute started initially with B.E. Courses in Civil, Mechanical and
Electrical Engineering. Later on Post Graduate and Ph.D. Course in applied
Sciences were introduced 1967. The B.E. in discipline Electronics Engineering
was started in 1981. Undergraduate course in Architecture was introduced in
1984. The Institute took the lead in the region to start oPost graduate course
in Computer application (M.C.A.) in 1986.
The Institute offered the Post graduate Course in Civil Engineering with
specialization in Construction Technology and Management in 1987, which was
perhaps first in India. Post Graduation in Electronics and Electrical
Engineering was started in 1995.
B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering & Chemical Engineering were offered
first in 1994 and 1995 respectively and the discipline of Information Technology
was started in 2000. Post graduate course in Production Technology in Mechanical
Engineering department and in Microwave in Electronics & CSE department are the
latest additions. The Institute also offers Ph.D. programmes in various
disciplines of Engineering and Scienc